Friends Forever (cliched title, no?)

A photo sits encased in a photoframe in my room, in a little niche that I have just beside my book cabinet. It is one of my favourites, due to the two wonderful people who are there in it...the world's best friends ever.

I have simply lost track of all the time we've spent together. I don't even remember how all the fun started, so many years ago. Before I met them, I "was". Now, I "am" :)

This post may sound like just another birthday letter, containing the same things that I may have written to both of you every year. But believe me, it isn't. This is a little something from my side for you.

Ah, well, I can just imagine you saying, "Dosti mein no sorry, no thank you! " Yet, I cannot help but tell you that my life has changed for the better, because of you both.

Thank you, for accepting me the way I am. For sharing all my joys and sorrows. For always being there whenever I needed someone. For making two years of college much better than I thought they would be. For putting up with all my nonsense. For giving the first nod of approval to my poetry before it would go up on Facebook. For telling me not to under-estimate myself.

In short, for making my life a better one to lead.

Frankly, I was lost during the first few weeks in my new college. It took me some time to get used to your absence. When the hectic schedule and heavy workload came upon us first years all of a sudden, I'll admit I'd feel supremely jealous when you would excitedly tell me on the phone that you had only two lectures on some particular day.

Whenever I find myself cribbing, now all I do is take a deep breath and tell myself, "It's all OK...don't worry".

However many new friends I make, you'll still be some of the best ones I've ever had.

And now as I glance at this photo, I suddenly realise how much I'm missing you guys.

I promise you one thing: No matter what happens; however far I go, I'll always be there for you :)

Love you :D

3 handprints on my wall:

Drama Queen said...

Uma, I love you <3 and miss you! <3
This particular note made me emotional for some reason! will always stay close to my heart! thank you!

Huzie said...

awwww uma thats was so sweet!
but we dont need words to tell each other what we mean to one another! :)
but what matters is that this came straight from your heart....and it definately reached mine! <3

I luv u! :)

Beyond said...

Friends Are F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Nice write-up.

Post a Comment