With Or Without You.

This is not who I am
brooding, pensive, staring out at the sky.
This isn't me
clutching the past to my heart like a teddy bear
not wanting to let go.
My eyes cloud easily; at the drop of a hat
I can't see what's in the distance
I want to be a child again
holding balloons, playing catch-and-cook
without a care in the world.
I'm wearing a pretty veil
and a suit of chain-mail
when all I want to do
is rip them all off
and sit in a corner; and cry.
You're there in my dreams all the time
I hold you to myself like a teddy bear
not wanting to let go, ever.
But when I open my eyes
there's just an empty space beside me.
Tears never came easily to me
but today, I dont know whats wrong...
It hit me real hard that day
and I found the answers to all my questions
It's frightening. It is, really.
Set me free from this maelstrom of emotions that I live in
I'm drowning
and I don't want to be in it anymore.
This is not who I am,
insomniac, dreamer, future-wedding-planner.
This is not me.
I don't read love stories
I don't watch sobfests that make my heart ache;
you made me.
Your imperfect world
makes me dream of a perfect one for myself
even if it's not who I am.

Who is the real me, then?
"Wondering why we bother with love, if it never lasts..."

0 handprints on my wall:

Post a Comment