Live. Laugh. Love. Dream. #IHMMumbai




You never know how precious something is
till you have to say goodbye
I don't know how but this journey has come to an end
in the blink of an eye

when I walk through these gates
.....I know I'm home.

Memories abound and still live on
among the pages of incomplete journals
in watery coffee and bread omelettes
in "poisonous" crepe suzettes
they still haunt the FO & HK labs
the mess and the bakery and kitchens
the tapri and the irani
in the graceful swirl of a saree pallo
and the euphoria of finally being employed

they live on in shards of glass and discarded newspaper,
in a haze creeping through the senses:
remnants of memorable nights;
in inside jokes and piles of notes
and unsharpened knives

...under the staid black and white 
there will always exist a technicolor life

new friendships forged
and a whole new treasure trove of memories made
through endless conversations and good times
I don't remember where it all begun

its truly incredible;
the way ducklings metamorphose into swans 
headstrong, beautiful, confident
poised to spread their wings and fly
but a small part of us will still revel in nonsense
in the happiness of pure gobbledegook
after all; this is a part of who we are;
children at heart

Whiffs of smoke combined with the tang of salty sea air
brings me back to life
and when I walk in through these gates
my heart burgeons with nostalgia
with happiness and pride

.....I'm home.

0 handprints on my wall:

Post a Comment