There's my heart, laid bare on the blank sheet,
so that my mind can read what its been denying all along
Waves of turmoil, finally coming to rest
as my pen glides over the paper
writing words of solace;
the lyrics of my favourite song
The page gradually grows damp
as I feel a lump in my throat rising
The letters smudge all over
yet I continue writing
Snow white, marred by harsh black
that turns into a watery trickle as my tears start to flow
What must I do about questions
whose answers I do not know?
Lamenting over love
there's my frantically beating heart
laid bare across not one, but dozens of pages,
so that I can read it all
sometimes there are neat loops
sometimes, angry scrawls
The moon glows ivory and starts to wane
and across the sky, spreads the first flush of dawnlight
But I'm waiting to repel reality
so that I can curl up into a ball on these pages
and sleep there through the night....
when suddenly, my furiously scribbling hand stops....
and my tears cease to fall
The ink has finally stopped smudging
because now, I feel no pain at all...
0 handprints on my wall:
Post a Comment