Blood? Water? Poison, maybe?

Dear Famille S,

I don't know what to say here, really. I prefer not having anyone than having people like you.We all share the same name. Yet I feel like I don't belong among you all. I identify with neither your name, nor your village and palatial home and your temple with silver doors. I feel nothing.

Right from the time I was a child, mingling with "them" was greatly discouraged. They were a wayward, mannerless lot, were they not? Oh yes, but they were definitely better than you. I divided my family into two distinct halves, you and them. It was never one cohesive unit. You even threatened me with dire consequences once if I even set foot into that house by the sea I so loved. Don't tut-tut, I remember it crystal-clear.

When our world was being torn apart, you chose to blow us away like dry leaves and twigs. You've blown us away ever since.
I fail to understand if it's blood that flows through your veins, or poison.

Poison that destroyed everything, even all traces of the little connection we had left with you. It hurts me to say this but blood is definitely thicker than water. You've proved it to me time and again. It amazes me how you never feel guilty about the things you've done. Overnight you made us outcastes for no apparent fault of ours.

Thanks for everything. I don't even care anymore about you guys. Jump in a well, for all I care, really. You're fit to do just that.

Yours sincerely,
U

0 handprints on my wall:

Post a Comment