As my feet leave the ground
I feel nothingness below
fog billows around me like a blanket
swirling, like my disconnected thoughts
...my friends scream raucously
and I soar higher and higher
like wisps of cotton, I pass clouds
and float along
and in a matter of minutes touch solid ground
but it is a new me that descends
I left something up there which will never return;
the dizziness I feel
when I look down those winding roads
that sudden emptiness that envelops me
whenever I catch a whiff of coffee
In those foggy skies
I've found the strength to carry on
that I never knew I had
etched into a rock
...a piece of my soul still haunts that hillock
I feel nothingness below
fog billows around me like a blanket
swirling, like my disconnected thoughts
...my friends scream raucously
and I soar higher and higher
like wisps of cotton, I pass clouds
and float along
and in a matter of minutes touch solid ground
but it is a new me that descends
I left something up there which will never return;
the dizziness I feel
when I look down those winding roads
that sudden emptiness that envelops me
whenever I catch a whiff of coffee
In those foggy skies
I've found the strength to carry on
that I never knew I had
etched into a rock
...a piece of my soul still haunts that hillock
0 handprints on my wall:
Post a Comment